At Faith Primary School we are dedicated to providing our children with a broad, balanced and meaningful curriculum which aims to inspire and engage. Our curriculum, which is based on the EYFS and Natation Curriculum, is designed to enable our children to reach their full potential and prepare them for future success.
We teach the 2014 National Curriculum using a subject based approach. We believe that educational visits and experiences are central to the children’s learning. All children will receive the opportunity of at least one trip each half term and receive a series of memorable learning experiences which may include inspirational speakers, visitors, themed days and workshops. We use a wide variety of teaching strategies that take into account the ways in which children learn in order to foster engagement, motivation and creativity.
The key aims and Values underpinning our curriculum are:
- We create a happy, secure and stimulating environment where we all enjoy learning.
- We believe in an engaging, meaningful and varied curriculum which enables all children to achieve their full potential and meet their individual needs.
- We value curiosity, encourage a questioning attitude and promote a love of life-long learning. The use of experiences, trips and visitors inspire children and enable them to create high expectations for themselves as well as building their knowledge and understanding of the world.
- We encourage risk-taking in our learning and can learn from our mistakes.
- We aim to develop a child’s independence, resilience and personal responsibility in learning whilst building self-confidence and self-esteem in order to achieve success.
- We celebrate success in each other and expect positive behaviour, attitudes and values.
- We promote a positive attitude to health and wellbeing.
Follow us on Twitter to see what the children are getting up to.